Buying a home is a big decision, and it is probably
the most expensive purchase you will ever make.
Whether you are a first time home buyer or not, you don’t want to make any miss-steps along the way that could cost you money, time, hassle and disappointment.
Following this introductory article, a comprehensive discussion is found within your free e-book:
“Step-by-Step Guide To Home Buying” that you will be able to download at the bottom of this page.
This article is an introduction to
the 10-step process of home buying.
We have presented each step and the major factors within that step that you will have to consider to make your buying experience hassle free and end up with the right home for you at the best possible price.It does not matter if you are a first time home buyer or an experienced home buyer, you’ll want to pay attention.
Step1. Home Buyer – Are You Ready?
- Evaluate the pros and cons of home ownership.
- Determine if you afford to be a home owner?
- Look carefully at whether Renting or Buying is best for you.
Step 2. Get a Realtor
- Buying a home is a complex matter, you need a Trusted Advisor
- Learn why a “Buyer’s Agent” may be your best choice.
- Evaluate the Experience, Credentials, and Recommendations
Step 3. Get Loan Pre-Qualification & Pre-Approval
- How to get pre-Qualification.
- Visit the Mortgage Lender of your choice
- Provide your basic financial information
- Be sure to get a letter estimating the amount of loan you should qualify for.
- Learn why Pre-approval is not the same as pre-qualification
Step 4. Look At Homes
- You can access our comprehensive advanced search of the MLS to help you find all the homes that meet your wants and needs while your REALTOR is also searching.
- Use our Home Hunter Worksheet to compare homes you visit.
- Narrow down the field – View all possible matches as often as needed.
Step 5. Choose a Home
- Now is the time that you and your Trusted Adviser / REALTOR meet
determine which home best meets your needs, that you can afford
which home provides you with the best VALUE.
Step 6. Financing Approval
- The financing process is both long and complex and you should start early in the home buying process to avoid problems and disappointment later.
- As we noted in Step 3, you should get Pre-Qualified and Pre-Approved as early as possible.
- Financing is a key factor in buying a home.
It is often confusing because it raises many questions.
Am I getting the right Mortgage for me.
Is the Mortgage with the best rate and terms.
The experienced REALTORS of The Bruder Real Estate Team have written
“The Complete Guide To Home Financing” that you can download
to help you through this critical part of the home buying process.
Step 7. Make an Offer
- Determine price.
- Decide on the terms and conditions to include in the offer.
- Learn how terms and conditions can often result in costing or saving you a significant amount of money.
- Be sure your REALTOR is a Skilled Negotiator
- Get your offer with yours terms and conditions accepted.
Step 8. Contract to Closing – Transaction Management
- All of the terms and conditions of the contract must be fulfilled on time
- All contract conflicts must be resolved
- Be sure clear title and title insurance has been secured.
Step 9. Closing – What happens at closing?
- The title company makes sure that the REALTOR, title companies, and lenders and all other parties to the transaction have their interests protected
- The title company makes sure all the conditions of the contract have been met
- All funds due to both Buyer and Seller are disbursed
- Finally the title company makes sure that all of the paperwork is correct and signed by all parties.
Step 10. What’s Next?
- You are not done. You are officially a home buyer and home owner.
- Use our guide to find out the steps you have to take in order to protect your new investment
Now that we have looked at the steps along the path to Home Ownership, you can see that there is not only a lot to do, but also a lot to learn about how to do it. The last thing you want is to make a mistake that will cost you unnecessary time, money, hassle and disappointment. We strongly urge you to get our Detailed Step by Step Guide. It is just a click away.
Fill out the form below to download “The Complete Step by Step Home Buyer’s Guide.”