Role of An Accredited Buyer’s Agent
Make sure the right person is helping you!
An Accredited Buyer’s Representative
Why should you look for the ABR designation before looking for a home?
These three letters after a Realtor’s name tell you that you will be working with a buyer representative in who is committed to your best interests. You know that you are working with a REALTOR who has met the specific educational and experience requirements to provide the highest level of quality service to guide you through the home buying process. Learn more about the ABR designation by visiting the National Association of REALTOR’s Buyer’s Agent Website.
How can a Buyer’s Agent help me?
A NON-buyer’s agent does NOT have your best interest in mind. In fact, they may actually be negotiating for the seller, instead of you, the buyer. The best way to be certain that someone is working in your best interests is by hiring a buyer’s agent to represent you and ONLY you. All agents, regardless of who they represent, owe the homebuyer certain basic ethical duties, defined by law and found in the REALTOR’s Code of Ethics. All agents will show the buyer available homes, point out the property’s features, provide financing information and submit the offer to purchase.
But that’s not all the Buyer’s Agent does!
As YOUR representative, a Buyer’s Agent will share valuable and essential information with you if the agent knows it, such as:
- Whether the seller would accept a lower price.
- The seller’s reason for selling and their timetable.
- How long the home has been on the market.
- Previous offers and counteroffers for the property; Strengths and weaknesses of the property.
The Buyer’s Representative works for, and owes fiduciary responsibilities to you, and has your best interest in mind throughout the entire Las Cruces real estate process.
- You can feel secure in asking a Las Cruces buyer’s agent for advice and assistance.
- You’ll have an advocate working on your behalf to help you buy your dream home at the best possible price and terms.
- The goal of a Buyer’s Agent is to counsel you, and help you buy the home you want and need.
- Whether this is your third home, a first-time buyer, or you are unfamiliar with the local Las Cruces real estate market, you will be best served by a Buyer’s Agent who puts your interests first.
What will a Buyer’s Agent Cost Me?…Absolutely Nothing!
Purchasing a home without representation is possibly the biggest financial mistake a homebuyer can make. A Buyer’s Agent can guide you each step of the way to prevent costly errors. Failure to find out about defects in the property, the actual value of the property, and to negotiate a contract that works for you can be an expensive mistake!
You can have a buyer’s agent represent you and the seller pays the commission. The Real question you need to ask yourself is “Can I afford to buy a home in Las Cruces without a buyer’s agent?” For most home buyers today, the answer is “NO!”