12 Reasons to List Your Home During the Holidays!
Have you ever thought about selling your home during the holidays? What’s your immediate reaction to that?
I think the average person probably thinks that it’s not worth listing their home during the holidays. After all, who could really be moving to Las Cruces when they have to worry about turkey, gifts, and new years?
Since it’s holiday season, I thought I’d take this myth on with a list of 12 reasons that it’s actually a good time to list your Las Cruces home for sale during
12. January is the most popular month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers can’t wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture that market.
11. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
10. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during a working week.
9. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
8. Homes show better when decorated for the Holidays. Plus you can cook more cookies to make you home smell better.
7. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you. List now and make more.
6. Serious buyers have fewer homes to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you.
5. People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers.
4. There are options for you to sell your home and still remain in your home until after the Holidays.
3. One of the highest percentages of the ‘listing sold’ to ‘listing taken’ occurs during this time of year.
2. Throughout the holiday season, buyers will understand if you restrict showings during your personal family events.
1. When you sell during the winter you have an opportunity to buy during the spring, when more homes are on the market. This means you sell for more and buy for less, and this is one of the few times that this is likely.
Moving during the Holidays is easier on your children. School starts in January and they can make new friends right away as opposed to moving in the summer when they have to wait a few months.
You will be surprised at what your home is worth in this market!
The Evelyn Bruder Dream Team will help you find your Las Cruces home’s approximate current market value. This CMA (Current Market Analysis) is absolutely free, there is no obligation, it is all via E-mail and it’s just a click away.